Your roof protects your family and your possessions from the elements, making it one of the most important parts of your home. Even small, minor damage over time will lead to critical problems with your roof and the rest of your home as well, so you should always be on the lookout for telltale signs that it’s suffering from wear and tear.
Blair Remodeling has been serving the community with top-quality roofing services for over 65 years. If your home needs a new roof, here’s some valuable advice to consider before purchasing your next one, brought to you by Birmingham’s trusted team of roofing experts at Blair Remodeling.
Do I Really Need a New Roof?
After around fifteen years your roof shingles will become more open to damage from heat, moisture, and wind. Roof shingles that are warped, cracked, or broken are easy to spot, and you should seek the advice of a professional to determine whether they can be repaired.
You should also be on the lookout for your roof sagging in certain areas, which is a sign that water is collecting rather than pouring from your roof. This can lead to leaks, which you should check for during storms and heavy rainfall. Finally, keep a close eye on your utility bills: if your roof is damaged, this will lead to higher utility costs as your heating systems work harder to balance temperatures.
Find a Reputable Contractor
Replacing your roof with new materials can be a costly home improvement project, and choosing a contractor you can trust can be a tough decision to make. With so many unlicensed contractors advertising cheaper rates, it can be easy to fall victim to scams and shoddy workmanship, and going this route could cost you much more money in the long run.
As a trusted Alabama roofing company maintaining and replacing roofs since 1965, we’ve helped many of our customers repair their rooftops after receiving poor service from unprofessional workers and even scam artists. Our Birmingham roofing contractors strongly urge homeowners to spend some time researching contractors in your area to avoid a costly disaster,
Choose the Right Material for Your Roof
Before installation, homeowners will need to decide which material to use for the new roof installation. Your choice will depend on the design you’d like for your home, and your budget.There are a few types of roofing materials on the market that you’ll need to choose from, and some options on the market are asphalt, shingle roof products, wood, slate, metal, and tile and cement. The type of material that you choose will help you to answer these important questions:
- How long will your new roof last?
- Is the look the right one for your house?
- Can it protect you from Alabama’s storms?
- Can the weight of your roof be supported by the roof framing?
- What impact will your roof have on the environment?
- Ultimately: how much will your new roof cost?
Get Precise Estimates to Calculate the Cost of Your New Roof
Having an informed idea about the material you will use is going to help you estimate the cost of your new roof. You should shop around and collect a set of quotes to help you get the best price for your project. Homeowners should always keep in mind that the lowest price might not always be the most cost-effective choice and that sacrificing quality for cheaper installation costs will weaken the strength of your long-term investment.
Any serious Birmingham roofing contractor should be able to provide you with an honest and no-obligation estimate for your project. But how can you tell the great companies from the not-so-great ones?
Finding the Best Alabama Roofing Company
In Birmingham, when it comes to selecting which Alabama roofing company you are going to trust with replacing your roof, there are some strong signals you should look out for.
- GAF Factory-Certified Contractors: When you hire a GAF factory-certified contractor, you can rest assured that your job is going to be completed without a hitch. The guaranteed quality these contractors deliver will give you peace of mind for a long time,and you’ll rest easy knowing your roof will be in perfect condition.
- Experience: You will want to work with a company that has proven experience. Given that the durability of a roof is revealed over time, you should look to work with an Alabama roofing company that has been providing quality services for at least a few decades.
- A Proven Reputation: Nothing reveals more about a business than what its customers say about the services that it provides. Trusting a company to replace your roof is a big step, so you will want to pay close attention to the feedback from other customers.
A trusted contractor will have an established website with plenty of positive customer reviews and recommendations. A reputable company will also feature a staff made up of professional, certified contractors, like our team of GAF Master Elite certified roofers at Blair Remodeling. Last but not least, a great Alabama roofing company will stand behind their installations and products with a long-term warranty.
Blair Remodeling ticks all of the boxes above and could be the Alabama roofing company you’re looking for. 65% of our business comes from referrals or repeat customers, and we have had zero Better Business Bureau complaints in over 40 years.If you need a roof replacement, be sure to give us a call to speak to a representative or fill out our online form for a free, no-obligation, in-home pricing estimate.